Tuesday, April 30, 2013

10 Weeks to Go!

Ack! I can't believe it is only 10 weeks until my longest race yet, I must admit I am in a bit of a panic. The fact my mileage will now start ramping up will help plus I started my stair training today. 20 minutes of solid stair running and it felt more then great, I think my body felt better then it does after a regular run!  The goal is to build up to 1.5_2 hours of stair climbing. Thursday I do more for longer then today and I am looking forward to it. I am cautious about how my body will deal with it due to recovering from adrenal fatigue but I am going to pay close attention to how it reacts and adjust/cut back accordingly.

To help cut down on the impact I will be cycling as often as I can. I recently bought a hybrid for commuting and xc/ all mtn bike (so excited!!) to use. If my body is not liking the time on my feet then I will finish my workout on one of my bikes. I must admit it will be hard to choose running over a good mountain bike ride if my friends are all going!

It's nice to have the 10 week pressure added on right now, its extra motivation and makes everything very real. I am beyond excited and scared for this race,it's the perfect combination really! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment