What am I talking about you ask?
Last year I went to this same conference, but it was in Vegas. After a week in Vegas I flew home got in my car and drove to Whidby Island for a marathon......the most mentally and physically challenging one I have ever run, including ultramarathons, for various reasons............and after this conference?
Well finishing this conference is not as simple as catching a flight and going home, no that is what smart people would do...... I fly out tomorrow, arrive in Vancovuer mid afternoon; my car will be waiting for me at the airport with my marathon gear and I will be driving down to Wentachee to run a marathon early Saturday morning. A few major errors on my part
- making the same mistake as last year, hopefully this time I will have learned my lesson
- thinking Wenatchee is only 2 hours away......nope make it 5 hours!
- choosing to ignore that even with my compression gear my legs feel gross for at least a day after the flight. Walking after a flight can help combat this but no, I am choosing to get in a car and drive (shaking my head at myself at the moment....followed by a face palm....)
- Deciding to leave Wenatchee right after the marathon on Saturday....my body is going to hate me but I am promising it fun and relaxation on Sunday!
- I get to go to Trader Joes on my way to the marathon
- I love road trips.....yes I do sing at the top of my lungs the majority of the time, think Tom Cruise in Jerry McGuire
- I plan on just having fun on this race and hopefully will help my running buddy Nicole get a PB
- Having Sunday off to recover (most marathons are sunday)