Thursday, June 7, 2012

5 Days into 31 and its been a big BANG!

I have always been one to believe that life just keeps getting better, I met an amazing lady a few years ago that also confirmed my belief. She was a new client and I was asking the regular intake questions, for example "and your age?..92...PARDON?! I honestly would have guessed 75ish! She looked amazing and showed no signs of being any older then what I had though, but sure enough she was in her 90's, unbelievable! As I was working with her I will never forget when she said "if I have to say anything about growing older, it would have to be each year just gets better, never be afraid of growing old!"
Though I was never afraid of growing old or worried about the wrinkles I would have from loving to smile so much, her telling this to me just helped to strengthen my belief.

Each year after my birthday I have been able to look back and take so many positive things from the year, although I was pretty convinced that being 29 was some form of cruel initiation to have the chance to turn 30, there were many great things that happend when I was 29.  I ran my first ultra marathon, I landed my an amazing job, I ran a marathon in Rome and yes in there were many lessons learned that push me and challenged me more then I thought they could, but I stepped up to these life challenges and came out on top.

Being 30 was about using these new lessons and to continue to grow with them, learn more about myself and just how much I could handle (I also ran a 120 mile run over 6 days and ran my first 50 miler right before turning 31!). I must have been successful for showing I could handle more of a challenge when I was 30 because here I am 5 days into being 31 and HUGE changes have already come about!

1. I am no longer the Fitness Coordinator for the Vancouver Police Dept.........my position has officially been changed to ATHLETIC THERAPIST for the VPD. This is beyond huge and therapists out there would understand this best. VPD is setting a precedent in North America by recognizing a need to have an in house therapist on staff. Yes I was doing therapy before but it was when I had extra time, now it is officially part of my job description! Yeay for us Athletic Therapists! and Yeay to VPD for being so incredibly progressive!

2. As of tonight I have added another venture to ActivFit Sports Therapy. I am now a part of the USANA family. I will be selling some amazing nutritional supplements that I am beyond excited about. Though there are many great things about them, when sparked my interest so much about the products are A. the vitamins are top notch for being bio available and B. they have a million dollar guarantee to athletes that there are NO banned substances in their products. All I can say is how many other companies are so confident in their products that they are comfortable making this claim?!? Working with high level teams and having many times searched through stores for products I was comfortable giving my players knowing they may be drug tested soon, this is a big relief!

If this first week is setting the tone for good old year 31, I cannot wait to see what is in store for me!


1 comment: