Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Athletic Therapist - Becky Swan


I completed my Athletic Therapy degree, with High Honors in Applied Health Science (Athletic Therapy) in 2007 from Sheridan College. Once becoming a certified Athletic Therapist I took on the position of Athletic Therapist for the Canadian Woman's National Soccer Team, which I feel I was extremely lucky to get so early on in my career. I have continued on to work with the U20 womans team, worked in a clinical setting and now I am the Fitness Coordinator for the Vancouver Police Dept where I do work ranging from injury prevention and rehabilitation to testing applicants on their fitness and creating fitness and injury prevention programs for the various sections of the department.

ActivFit Sports Therapy is my own business and it started off as therapy service, both in clinic and
as a mobile service. It has since been expanded to therapy consulting as well as small business internet marketing specializing in working with therapists.

Growing up I competed in a variety of sports, particularly alpine skiing. Upon going to university
I traded my skis in for a pair of rugby boots to play for the UBC Woman's rugby team as well as
living and playing rugby in New Zealand in 2002. Now I focus on runnning endurance events ranging from half marathons to multi day runs.

My Current Work
Vancouver Police Dept - Fitness Coordinator
Productive Fitness - Consultant
Activfit Sports Therapy - Owner
CATA Education Committee (Volunteer)

Education
Red Cross First Aid Instructor
Cranial Sacral Therapy Level 1
Active Release Techniques - Lower Body
Canadian Athletic Therapist Association - Certified Athletic Therapist CAT(C), 2007
Bachelor of Applied Health Science (Athletic Therapy) High Honors, Sheridan College, 2007
Bachelor of Human Kinetics, UBC, 2004
Canadian Red Cross First Responder and CPR - HCP
OFA 2 First Aid Attendant

Work Experience
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics- BC Place Opening and Closing Ceremonies
Canadian Woman's National Field Hockey Team
Canadian Woman's National Soccer Team and U20 Team
West Coast Kinesiology
Whitecaps Men's Residency Program
Sport Med BC - Taping and Sports First Aider Instructor
Fitness on the Go - Personal Trainer
BC Soccer Provincial Teams

No comments:

Post a Comment